INSL-X Prime Lock Plus is a fast drying alkyd that both primes and seals wood, plaster, drywall, and masonry. A lot of painters use INSL-X Prime Lock Plus on wood trim because it prevents resin bleed-through. However, it's so good at sealing that it can even be used over smoke damaged walls.
This alkyd primer can then be top coated with either a latex or alkyd paint.
👍 We recommend INSL-X Prime Lock Plus on any wood surface that is prone to tannin bleed or to seal in a stain already on a surface.
Paint Quantity Calculator
1 gallon of paint will cover ~400 sq ft. Whereas 1 quart of paint will cover ~100 sq ft. To get a rough estimate of how much paint you will need, run through these steps:
1. Add together the length of each wall.
2. Multiply the sum of the wall length by the height of the wall to
3. find the total square footage of your room.
4. Subtract 20 square feet for each door and 10 square feet for each window.
5. Multiply that final room square footage number by 2 to get the total square footage for 2 coats of paint.
6. Divide the number by 400 (gallon = 400 sq ft) to determine the number of gallons you need to purchase for 2 coats of paint.